Monday, September 28, 2009

The Very First Post

The first thing my friends exclaimed when they found out I was moving to Memphis was, "Awesome food!" Perhaps for them, but not for this vegetarian of over fifteen years. In this town, you can't swing a Honda Fit around a block without coming face-to-face with a giant, rooftop-mounted pig. Shangri-la for carnivores Memphis may be, but this herbivore was dreading the lack of veggie options.


After I moved to Memphis this August, I began to realize that there is vegetarian food here, but not at strictly vegetarian restaurants (of which this town has roughly one). Eating out while eating veggie in Memphis would require me to broaden my horizons and try restaurants that wouldn't normally be on my radar. This blog tells the story of my search for veggie Memphis in the bowels of meaty Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment